Train Information N'EX (Narita Express)
Tickets required for boarding the N'EX
- To travel with the N'EX, you will need to purchase a Super (Limited) Express Train ticket in addition to a Basic Fare Ticket.
- To travel in a Green Car (first class) of the N'EX, you will need a Green Car Super (Limited) Express Train reserved seat ticket in addition to a Basic Fare Ticket.
Reference image for ticket usage
|Departure and arrival at Narita Airport Terminal 1 Station and Narita Airport Terminal 2・3 Station||Ordinary Car||Green Car (first class)|
|Tokyo||3,070 yen||5,340 yen|
|3,250 yen||5,520 yen|
|Yokohama||4,370 yen||6,640 yen|
|Ofuna||4,700 yen||6,970 yen|
- In addition to a regular Super (Limited) Express Train reserved seat ticket, Limited Express Unreserved Seat Tickets are available with pre-selected boarding dates and routes and unspecified carriages and seats.
- Limited Express Unreserved Seat Tickets are equal in price to Limited Express Trains reserved seat tickets.
- When using a Limited Express Unreserved Seat Ticket, please use the vacant seats found in the carriages. Customers can specify their carriages and seats at no extra charge once they have decided on a train to board.
- Limited Express Unreserved Seat Ticket can be purchased even if a train does not have any vacant seats. Please use the deck areas in this case. You may also sit if you find a vacant seat. Refunds cannot be made if there are no vacant seats.
- When using the reserved seats of Ordinary Car, 200 yen will be discounted during off-peak seasons and 200 yen will be added during peak seasons. From April 1, 2022, 400 yen will be added during the busiest season.
- Super (Limited) Express Train reserved seat tickets and Basic Fare Tickets for a child (6 to 11 years old) are half the price of adult tickets. However, Green Tickets for a child share the price of those for adults.
- A toddler (1 to 5 years old) and baby (11 months and under) may board free of charge, but a child ticket is required in the following cases.
- When three or more toddlers accompany one adult or a child (tickets are required for the third and any additional toddlers).
- When a toddler or baby occupies his or her own reserved seat or Green Car seat.
- When a toddler travels alone.
Reference image for pass usage
Customers without a designated seat
- Customers who have a Limited Express Unreserved Seat Ticket
- Customers who wish to purchase a Super (Limited) Express Train ticket onboard
- Customers without a designated seat who have purchased a discount ticket such as the JR EAST PASS
Please use the vacant seats of the Ordinary Cars.
- * The Green cars are unavailable.
- * Tickets will be checked on-board, so please have your Limited Express Unreserved Seat Tickets and Discount tickets at hand.
If the color of the lamp on the seat you are using changes to yellow, or if there is a customer who has reserved the seat you are in, please give up your seat to them.
- * Please use any other vacant seats or decks in this situation.
- * It may take some time for the color of lamps to change.
Purchasing a pass online
Tickets can be reserved and purchased from overseas through JR-EAST Train Reservation. You can check the train times by searching via station of arrival/departure information.
Purchasing at the station
Super (Limited) Express Train reserved seat ticket for the N'EX can be purchased up to one month prior from the boarding date. Please make your purchases at JR EAST Travel Service Center, the JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi), or a Reserved Seat Ticket Vending Machine.
- JR EAST Travel Service Center
We support our customers' journeys with JR EAST's vast railroad network of Shinkansen trains, limited express trains, and trains that run through the Eastern Japan area. Find out about how you can exchange passes for convenient railway transport, sightseeing information, and access various services including those for purchasing.
- JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi)
Basic Fare Tickets for limited express trains, all domestic Shinkansen including the Narita Express, and Green Car Super (Limited) Express Train reserved seat tickets can be purchased at the JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi).
- Reserved Seat Ticket Vending Machine
The Reserved Seat Ticket Vending Machine’s services are available in multiple languages allowing customers to purchase tickets and follow the on-screen instructions in their preferred language (English, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, and Korean).
We accept banknotes of 1,000 yen, 2,000 yen, 5,000 yen, and 10,000 yen.
Credit cards are also accepted.
Recommended pass for a great deal when using the Narita Express
Information on recommended sightseeing spots
Approximately 3 hours and 10 minutes from Tokyo Station to Shin-Aomori Station
Approximately 3 hours and 40 minutes from Tokyo Station to Akita Station
Approximately 2 hours and 10 minutes from Tokyo Station to Morioka Station
Approximately 2 hours and 40 minutes from Tokyo Station to Yamagata Station
Miyagi (Sendai, Matsushima)
Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes from Tokyo Station to Sendai Station
Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes from Tokyo Station to Fukushima Station