Sales of this ticket have ended.
What is it?
The Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket is on sale for a limited time to the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route. This ticket can be used from JR Nagano/Shinano-Omachi Station to Dentetsu-Toyama Station on the Toyama Chiho Railway, or from Dentetsu-Toyama Station to JR Shinano-Omachi Station/Nagano Station. (Not valid for round-trip travel or partial trip round-trip travel)
Use this opportunity to visit the fall colors of the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route with the Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket!
Please note that times are approximate. When changing trains, more time than what is shown here might be needed, so please keep this in mind and allow enough time.
|Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket
||Adults - 12 and older
||Children - 6 to 11
Selling/use start dates
|Period of Sales
||Tuesday, September 1 to Wednesday, November 11, 2015
|Period of Use
||Tuesday, September 1 to Sunday, November 15, 2015
- This ticket can be used from JR Nagano/Shinano-Omachi Station to Dentetsu-Toyama Station on the Toyama Chiho Railway, or from Dentetsu-Toyama Station to JR Shinano-Omachi/Nagano Station. (Not valid for round-trip travel or partial trip round-trip travel)
- Between JR Nagano and Ogizawa Stations, boarding and deboarding are allowed at JR Shinano-Omachi Station, at Omachi Onsen Village, and at Kuroyon Royal Hotel (Hinatayama Kogen).
- When used in combination with the JR EAST PASS, an additional fare is required on the Hokuriku Shinkansen (between Toyama and Joetsumyoko Stations).
- For travel only between JR Shinano-Omachi Station and Ogizawa Station, please use the regular service bus. (Express bus service is not available for that interval.)
- E-SORA Tateyama Panorama Bus service (between Murodo and Tateyama Stations) is not available with this offer.
- A separate limited express charge of 210 yen is locally required when using a limited express train on the Toyama Chiho Railway (between Tateyama and Dentetsu-Toyama Stations).
Valid routes for the Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket
Note: Dentetsu-Toyama Station on Toyama Chiho Railway and JR Toyama Station are adjacent.
JR East train timetables
The Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket is available exclusively for visitors from abroad who enter Japan under the entry status of "Temporary Visitor". Both of the below two conditions must be met for purchase and use.
- The pass user must have a passport issued by a country other than Japan.
- The pass user must enter Japan as a temporary visitor and have "Temporary Visitor" stamped in their passport as shown at right.
- The status of temporary visitor is established in Japanese immigration law and permits stays in the country of up to 90 days for purposes such as sightseeing. Visitors desiring to enter Japan for sightseeing will receive a stamp, as shown at right, saying "Temporary Visitor" in their passport by the immigration officer.
- No refunds are possible for purchased this ticket.
However, if trains are out of service in this ticket valid period such as due to inclement weather, refunds will be provided at any sales location, as a general rule. For those unable to return to a sales location, refunds are also available at Dentetsu-Toyama Station.
We have collected questions and answers relating to travel to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route and tickets. We recommend you read this FAQ before traveling.
- Print the PDF Files