Inauguration Schedule for the Tohoku Shinkansen from Hachinohe to Shin-Aomori
East Japan Railway Company
November 10, 2008
Construction of the Tohoku Shinkansen Hachinohe to Shin-Aomori route is proceeding, according to the Japan Railway Construction, Transport and Technology Agency, and East Japan Railway will manage operations after the route is opened.
Recently, according to those concerned, the opening is scheduled for December 2010, following construction schedule adjustments and other factors.
Inauguration Schedule for the Hachinohe to Shin-Aomori Route
- The Tohoku Shinkansen Hachinohe to Shin-Aomori route is scheduled to begin service in December 2010.
- As stated in an earlier announcement, the speed of the Shinkansen will be increased gradually from the end of 2010 to the end of 2013.
- A specific opening day will be decided at a later date.
Increasing the Speed of the Shinkansen
- The speed during commercial service will be increased gradually after the opening of the Shin-Aomori route, from the end of 2010 to the end of 2013.
- High-speed operations will be conducted on the Tohoku Shinkansen between Omiya and Morioka.
- High-speed operations will be conducted using new model cars.
- The number of high-speed trains running at the end of 2010 will be 2 – 3 round-trip "Hayate"; by the end of 2013, all current "Hayate/Komachi" trains will be running at high speed.
- Specific train options will be examined at a later date.