New Narita Express Railcars！
East Japan Railway Company
February 5, 2008
- The popular Narita Express trains directly and speedily connect Narita Airport with major stations throughout the Tokyo metropolitan area.
- JR East will replace the 253 series railcars, which have been used on Narita Express (N'EX) trains since this service began in 1991, with newly designed E259 railcars.
- In addition to improved functions and design specifically suited for an airport access express, the new E259 railcars will have better riding comfort and onboard facilities, designed for maximum customer satisfaction.
- The new E259 railcars will commence regular service in autumn 2009. Details of onboard facilities and train schedules are now being planned, and will be announced later.
- Number of E259 railcars to be manufactured: 132 cars (22 six-car trains)
- Date of introduction: Autumn 2009 onward
- Outline of E259 railcars: