Suica & N'EX Tickets for Overseas Visitors to Japan to Go on Sale on Wednesday, March 28, 2007
East Japan Railway Company
December 5, 2006
A new ticket called Suica & N'EX for overseas visitors to Japan will be launched on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 as part of the Visit Japan Campaign, a public-private partnership. The move is aimed at further increasing the quality of service and convenience of rail transport for overseas visitors.
- Suica & N'EX is a limited edition ticket for overseas visitors to Japan that combines an original design Suica card and a reduced price ticket (one-way fare, reserved seat and limited express surcharge) for the Narita Express (N'EX). Targeted at both business travelers and tourists, Suica & N'EX aims to highlight both the convenience of Suica in the Tokyo metropolitan area and the speed of the Narita Express (N'EX).
- The ticket includes reduced price travel from Narita Airport to the Tokyo area.
- The Suica card can then be used for travel or purchases in the Tokyo metropolitan area.
- Suica & N'EX is significantly cheaper than buying the two separately—1,440 yen cheaper for travel to Tokyo, 1,610 yen cheaper to Shinjuku and up to 3,000 yen cheaper to Hachioji, Takao or Ofuna (reserved seat limited express surcharge during normal season).
Concept of Suica & N'EX
Overview of Suica & N'EX
Suica & N'EX
- Locations where the ticket can be purchased
Location Hours the ticket can be purchased Narita Airport (Terminal 1) JR East Travel Service Center
Airport Terminal 2 JR East Travel Service Center
From 11:30 to 19:00 (throughout the year) Narita Airport (Terminal 1) Station
Airport Terminal 2 Station
06:30 to 11:30 and 19:00 to 21:45
(throughout the year)
*When the above JR East Travel Service Centers are closed
- Period of validity (for reduced price N'EX ticket)
Day of purchase
The ticket can be purchased by visitors to Japan carrying a foreign passport, irrespective of length of stay in Japan. Passengers will be required to show their passport at the time of purchase.
- Other points
Passengers may make seat reservations for N'EX at the time of purchase.
The ticket may be purchased in cash in Japanese yen or by credit card.
A special mount and informational leaflet in English, Korean or Chinese will be given to customers at the time of purchase to ensure ease of use for overseas visitors.
Promotions will be carried out, chiefly overseas, aimed at people visiting Japan.
The ticket will go on sale on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 and may be used the same day.
Suica & N'EX original design Suica card
This design was chosen for the Suica card after receiving favorable reviews in a survey of overseas visitors to Japan.
Validity of reduced price N'EX ticket
The reduced price N'EX ticket can be used for travel from Narita Airport to any station in the zone shown below. (Stopovers are not permitted.)