What is it?
The Yokohama-Minatomirai Pass allows unlimited rides on local and rapid JR East trains (excluding reserved seats) on the Negishi Line between Yokohama and Shin-Sugita Stations as well as on the Yokohama Minatomirai Line. Use a Yokohama-Minatomirai Pass to enjoy sightseeing and shopping in the Yokohama area.
Where to Purchase
- The Yokohama Minatomirai Pass can be purchased at JR Ticket Offices (Midori-no Madoguchi) within the designated open seating zone as well as at the Travel Service Center (View Plaza) in Yokohama Station.
- Purchases may be made up to one month in advance of the valid date of the pass.
- Tickets printed in English are available. Inquire at the time of purchase.
- JR Ticket Office (Midori-no Madoguchi)
- Travel Service Center (View Plaza)
- The Yokohama-Minatomirai Pass is valid for: one day
Valid Train Routes
- The Pass may be used for unlimited rides on local and rapid JR East trains (excluding reserved seats) and the Yokohama Minatomirai Railway within the designated open seating zone.
The designated open seating zone for the Yokohama-Minatomirai Pass
Exploring Yokohama with the Yokohama-Minatomirai Pass
Taking a trip to Yokohama is a wonderful way to get out of Tokyo and stretch your legs a bit. The Port of Yokohama has played an important part in Japan’s history, and many historical buildings remain. About a 30-minute train ride from Tokyo, Yokohama is a popular place to take a stroll and enjoy the gently blowing sea breeze.
- Suggested Places to Visits
Yamashita Park - for pleasant walks with an ocean breeze
Yokohama Chinatown - one of the largest Chinatowns in the world
Minato Mirai 21 - known for its beautiful night view
- The date of the pass may be changed once.
- Refunds can be obtained for unused, valid passes at JR East stations within the designated open seating zone. A service fee is charged for refunds.
- Refunds are not made for canceled or delayed train service.
This information applies from April 2014.