What is it?
The Tokyo 1-Day Ticket allows unlimited rides on local and rapid JR East trains (excluding reserved seats) within the 23 Special Wards of Tokyo as well as on the subways, the Nippori-Toneri Liner, Tokyo Toei streetcars and the Toei Bus system. What a convenient way to travel around Tokyo for shopping, eating and even business.
| Tokyo 1-Day Ticket
Where to Purchase
- The Tokyo 1-Day Ticket can be purchased at JR Ticket Offices (Midori-no-Madoguchi) at most major JR East Tokyo stations as well as at Travel Service Centers (View Plaza).
- Purchases may be made up to one month in advance of the first valid date of the pass.
- JR Ticket Office (Midori-no Madoguchi)
- Travel Service Center (View Plaza)
- The Tokyo 1-Day Ticket is valid for: one day
Valid Train Routes
- The Pass may be used on:
- Local and rapid JR East trains (excluding reserved seats) in the designated open seating zone within the 23 Special Wards of Tokyo
- The Tokyo Metro and Toei subway systems
- The Nippori-Toneri Liner
- The Tokyo Toei Streetcar Arakawa Line
- The Toei Bus system (excluding late night buses and reserved seat buses)
Note: In case of riding past the valid area, the applicable fare will be charged separately.
The designated open seating zone for the Tokyo 1-Day Ticket
Exploring Tokyo with the Tokyo 1-Day Ticket
Since the seventeenth century, Tokyo has been one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world, home to a distinctive, innovative culture that has flourished with the energy of the times. From the high-rise buildings in Shinjuku, the commercial center of Japan, to the tony boutiques and stylish art in Ginza and Roppongi, Tokyo is filled with an invigorating vitality. For those seeking a more historical visit, Tokyo also has a multitude of carefully kept shops, temples and shrines that continue to observe traditions hundreds of years old.
- Suggested Places to Visits
Tokyo Tower - the symbol of Tokyo
Kaminarimon Gate - the entrance to Sensoji Temple in Asakusa
Tsukiji Market - the fish auctioning a popular early-morning attraction
- The date of the pass may be changed once.
- Refunds can be obtained for unused, valid tickets from any location where the ticket is sold. A service fee is charged for refunds.
- Refunds are not made for canceled or delayed train service.
This information applies from April 2014.
- Print the PDF Files