What is it?
The Seishun 18 is a limited-time offer. Please take note of the sales and valid dates.
The Seishun 18 allows unlimited rides on local and rapid JR trains (excluding reserved seats) throughout Japan from Hokkaido in the north to Kyushu in the south. Although the Seishun 18 is not valid on Shinkansens and limited express trains, it is a great way to enjoy travel at a more leisurely pace. This ticket package includes five days worth of travel for only 2,370 yen per day. One person can enjoy the Seishun 18 for five days, or it can be split for use by up to five people. The unlimited rides also include use of the JR Miyajima Ferry for travel from the mainland to the island of Itsukushima, popularly known as Miyajima. The Seishun 18 is a great way to enjoy leisurely travel.
Note: The price for the Seishun 18 is the same for adults and children.
Validity Periods and Sales Dates
||Wednesday, July 20 to Suturday, September 10, 2016
||Friday, July 1 to Tuesday, August 31, 2016
||Saturday, December 10, 2016 to Tuesday, January 10, 2017
||Thursday, December 1 to Saturday, December 31, 2016
- The Seishun 18 is valid for five days worth of travel. Any five days within the valid period can be used.
- The five days of travel can be shared by two or more people, though if the ticket is used by more than one person at one time, those people must be traveling together. Each day one person uses the Seishun 18 counts as one day of travel. Therefore, if five people use the ticket on the same day, the ticket will be used up at the end of that day.
- The period of one day begins at midnight and ends at 23:59 that night. If traveling on a train at 23:59 at the end of a day of travel, the valid period of the ticket is extended until the next stop.
- Using the Seishun 18 – Present the ticket at the station or on the train. A station or train staff will stamp it with that day’s date. The Seishun 18 cannot be used in automatic ticket gate machines.
Valid Train Routes
- Unlimited rides on local and rapid trains (excluding reserved seats) within the designated open seating zone on the following transportation services:
- All JR company lines (including Bus Rapid Transit) throughout Japan – JR Hokkaido, JR East, JR Central, JR West, JR Shikoku and JR Kyushu
- The JR West Miyajima Ferry
- Even in combination with a Super (Limited) Express Seat or other special ticket, the Seishun 18 cannot be used for travel on Shinkansens, limited express trains, express trains or sleeper cars.
Note: The area within the dotted line in the map below is where the Aoimori Railway operates. The Seishun 18 is valid on local and rapid trains between Aomori and Hachinohe Stations. Riders may get off at Noheji Station free of charge, but an additional fare is required to get off at any other station between Aomori and Hachinohe Stations.
Note：The Seishun 18 is not valid for JR buses.
The designated open seating zone for the Seishun 18
Exploring Japan with The Seishun 18
Traveling on the Shinkansens is also a great way to travel, but riding the local trains opens up a different side of Japan, revealing natural beauty you can get in no other way. Japan is filled with local train lines, each with their own personalities. Trains that run through valleys, trains that run along the Japan Sea and even steam locomotives that run through the forest with steam coming out the smokestack. Buy a bento lunch box, jump aboard and enjoy Japan. A side of Japan you’ll never get with the faster trains.
- Suggested Places to Visits
A steam locomotive runs along the Banetsu West Line
The Resort Shirakami travels along the Gono Line
Beautiful scenery along the Tadami Line
Where to Purchase
- The Seishun 18 can be purchased at JR Ticket Offices (Midori-no Madoguchi) and Travel Service Centers (View Plaza) in most JR East stations.
- Advanced purchase is possible. See the sales dates provided above.
- The Seishun 18 is a limited-time offer.
Please take note of the sales and valid dates.
- JR Ticket Office (Midori-no Madoguchi)
- Travel Service Center (View Plaza)
- Refunds can be obtained for unused, valid tickets from any location where the pass is sold. A service fee is charged for refunds.
- Refunds are not made for canceled or delayed train service.
As of August 2016.