Sales of this ticket have ended.
What is it?
The Nikko-Kinugawa Excursion Ticket is the perfect way to visit Nikko and Kinugawa from the metropolitan Tokyo area. This package allows round-trip use in regular designated seats on the limited express Nikko, the limited express Kinugawa, the limited express Spacia Nikko, the limited express Spacia Kinugawa and the special run limited express Hachioji Nikko. Also included are unlimited rides in regular seats between Shimo-imaichi Station and Tobu-nikko/Shin-fujiwara Stations. As a special bonus, taxi and bus coupons are also provided for use in the Nikko-Kinugawa area!
||Valid Departure Zone
|The Nikko-Kinugawa Excursion Ticket
||Anywhere within the "Special
Wards" of Tokyo
||Specially designated unreserved seating area
for tourists on the Nikko-Kinugawa
Note: Including a coupon for 1,500 yen worth of travel on taxis and buses for adults or 500 yen for children.
Packages are also available departing from anywhere within the Yokohama city limits, anywhere in the Omiya to Kawaguchi/Toda-koen Station zone, and anywhere along the Hachioji to Tachikawa Station zone.
Valid Periods and Sales Dates
|Monday, October 1 to Friday, November 30, 2012
||Saturday, September 1 to Wednesday, November 28, 2012
- The Nikko-Kinugawa Excursion Ticket is valid for: three consecutive days
- Valid Train Routes:
Round-trip transit in regular designated seats on the limited express Nikko, Kinugawa, Spacia Nikko, Spacia Kinugawa and special-run Hachioji Nikko trains.
Click here for details about the trains
Note: Tickets are sold subject to the availability of regular designated seating.
- Unlimited rides are included for regular unreserved seats on regular and rapid trains in the designated unreserved-seating zone between Shimo-imaichi and Tobu-nikko/Shin-fujiwara Stations.
Note: The Nikko-Kinugawa Excursion Ticket does not allow getting off at train stations outside the designated unreserved-seating zone.
Taxi and bus coupons
Three 500-yen tickets good for taxi and bus travel in the Nikko-Kinugawa area are included in the adult packages. One 500-yen ticket is included in the child packages.
- These taxis can be found stopped at JR Nikko Station, Tobu-nikko Station and Kinugawa-onsen Station.
- Look for the special Japanese sticker on the taxi at right.
- Refunds cannot be given for taxi and bus coupons.
- Change will not be given when coupons are used.If the fare is greater than the value of the coupon, please pay the difference in cash.
- Bus use requires an advance reservation at the Tobu-nikko Station Tourist Center. The taxi/bus coupons must be redeemed for bus tickets and cannot be used directly for bus passage.
This sticker on the taxi as in the illustration to the right.
How to Use
In addition to the outbound (Going) and return tickets and designated seat tickets, this package includes taxi and bus coupons (three 500-yen tickets for adults and one 500-yen ticket for children) along with two English language ticket guides. Please review the tickets and coupons in advance to ensure correct use.
Outbound (Going) tickets
- Tickets are collected when exiting from a station.
- When riding the outbound (Going) limited express train, use ① and ② in combination.
Train ticket for unlimited rides within the designated unreserved-seating zone: return tickets
- The ticket shown in ③ is valid for unlimited riding within the designated unreserved-seating zone and the return trip.
- When riding the return limited express train, use ③ and ④ in combination.
Taxi and bus coupons
- The taxi and bus coupons are shown in ⑤.
- Adults receive three 500-yen coupons and children one 500-yen ticket.
- These may be used on taxis and buses in the Nikko-Kinugawa area.
- Note that they cannot be used in the Imaichi area.
- Taxi and bus coupons cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Change will not be issued.
- If the fare is greater than the value of the coupon, please pay the difference in cash.
- Before using a bus, exchange your ticket at the Tobu-nikko Station Tourist Center for a pass. The taxi/bus coupons must be redeemed for bus tickets and cannot be used directly for bus passage.
- ⑥ and ⑦ are ticket guides.
- These items may not be used for train, taxi or bus rides.
Valid Train Routes
This package includes:
- Basic boarding tickets for both outbound(Going) and return trains.
- Limited Express tickets for use in regular designated seats on both outbound(Going) and return trains.
- A ticket for unreserved seating on local and rapid trains within the Nikko-Kinugawa unreserved-seating zone
- Taxi/bus coupons for use in the Nikko-Kinugawa area
The designated open seating zone for the Nikko-Kinugawa Excursion Ticket
Exploring Nikko and Kinugawa with the Nikko-Kinugawa Excursion Ticket
The approximate travel time from Shinjuku or Ikebukuro is two hours by limited express. This is a wonderful way to get away from hectic Tokyo to tranquil Nikko with its World Heritage Site Shrines and Temples of Nikko and to Kinugawa Onsen (hot springs), filled with the beauty of nature in every season.To make your trip even more convenient, this package includes coupons good for travel on taxis and buses in the Nikko-Kinugawa area.
- Suggested Places to Visits
Nikko Toshogu Shrine
Click here for information about Nikko / Kinugawa
Where to Purchase
- JR Ticket Office (Midori-no Madoguchi)
- Travel Service Center (View Plaza)
- The start date may be changed once within the valid period. All tickets and coupons must be present and unused to make a change.
- The outgoing and return reserved seat tickets may each be changed once before the scheduled departure.
- Refunds are available for packages with the return portion unused within the valid period. A service charge applies for refunds.