N´EX is a limited express train with all reserved seating. Both a fare ticket and a limited express ticket are required for boarding. Tickets may be purchased at Narita Airport station, JR Ticket Offices (Midori-no-madoguchi), Travel Service Centers (View Plaza) and reserved seat ticket machines.
Fares and charges from/to Narita Airport Terminal 1 and 2
||Green Cars (first class)
|Narita Airport Terminal 1
Narita Airport Terminal 2
- All seats are reserved.
- In addition to reserved seat limited express tickets, unreserved seat tickets for vacant seats are also available for sale at the same price.
- When using an unreserved seat ticket, please take a vacant seat. If a passenger arrives with a reserved ticket for that seat, please yield your seat.
- Reserved seat tickets are 200 yen lower during the off-season and 200 yen higher during the busy season.
- The discount for children ages 6 to 11 is approximately 50% of the adult fare for basic fare tickets.
- There is no children's discount for Green Car tickets.
Babies (up to 12 months) and infants (1 to 5) generally travel free, though a child's ticket is needed in the following cases:
- When three or more infants accompany one adult or a child, child's tickets are needed for the third and subsequent infants.
- When an infant or a baby occupies its own reserved seat or berth.
- When an infant travels alone.
The conditions shown are subject to change.
Limited express tickets for the N'EX go on sale in Japan one month in advance. Tickets may be purchased at Narita Airport station, JR Ticket Offices (Midori-no-madoguchi), Travel Service Centers (View Plaza) and reserved seat ticket machines.
Reservations can be made from overseas through JR-EAST Train Reservation, though conditions apply for prior day purchases.
Note that conditions apply to prior day purchases. Fare tickets must be purchased in Japan.
JAPAN RAIL PASS or JR EAST PASS holders can make seat reservations without additional payment.
When traveling from Narita Airport, it is recommended that travelers purchase their N'EX tickets after arriving.
- JR EAST Travel Service Center
- Conveniently located at Narita Airport Terminal 1 and 2, the JR EAST Travel Service Centers provide information on tickets and accommodations to make your stay in Japan a pleasant one.
Click here for more details >>
- JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-madoguchi)
- Basic fare tickets, limited express tickets and reserved Green Car tickets may purchased at JR Ticket Offices (Midori-no-Madoguchi) for all Shinkansen lines and limited-express trains throughout Japan including N'EX.
Major Station Maps >>
- Travel Service Center (View Plaza)
- Visit the Travel Service Centers to purchase tickets for various events in addition to tickets for JR train lines, domestic flights and other travel. Note that there are no Travel Service Centers (View Plaza) located in Narita Airport.
Major Station Maps >>
As of March 2015.